And also the Christmas gifts for my other bro-in-law's family who joined us for Thanksgiving too.
I was a busy little gift-making elf the week prior to Thanksgiving, let me assure you!
But now that the harriedness and busyness is over, I'm SO THANKFUL to have all those gifts done and delivered. Rest assured, I'm far from done with Christmas gifts. I still have several gifts to make on my remaining to-do list to make but it feels good to have two families crossed off.
We have two teenage nephews, and four nieces of varying ages. I don't usually make anything for the nephews since I can't ever think of a cool enough crafty gift to suit their tastes. They ARE teenage boys after all. But the nieces and sisters-in-law always get at least one homemade present from me.
This year I made something I've always wanted to try -- homemade hot cocoa mix. I did three flavors: Peppermint, Spicy Mayan and Butterscotch. Easy peasy and VERY yummy due to the powdered milk included in the mix. Makes for a smooth and creamy cup of cocoa.
For my nieces I made necklaces with interchangeable magnetic charms. I used scrapbook paper for the charms, modpodged them several times, affixed a magnet and voila! Don't believe the dimly-lit pictures, these turned out really cute and not at all yellow-y as the photos belie.
What gifts are you crafting up this Christmas?
| Chloe trying on the headband and not-so-secretly hinting she'd like one for herself. |
| Peppermint hot cocoa mix in repurposed formula can |
| Ribbon and scrapbook paper can really dress up a tin formula can! |
| The ribbon wrapped, bow-topped finished headband for my 5 year old niece. She loved it! And I love hot glue. Can't craft without that miraculous goo. |
| Magnetic charm necklaces with decoupaged scrapbook paper and store-bought chains. I made two of these -- one for each of my teenage nieces. |
1 comment:
Great job, Alicia! I'm sure they all loved their gifts. It's fun making things, isn't it?
Post a Comment