Today I venture out by myself to get Christmas photos taken of the three crazies. Pray for me, please!
As I think about the time ahead of us at Portrait Innovations (by far, my favorite portrait place) I am questioning WHY I do this every year.
There's just something sweet and magical about capturing children in a photo every Christmas. My mom got a portrait taken of me and my sister annually and now that we're adults it's really neat to go back and look at how we grew and changed over the years. Not to mention laughable at our funny hairstyles and dated clothing.
According to the Portrait Innovations gal I spoke with I should plan on a 2-3 hours for the photo shoot ordeal. Sphincter say WHAT?!? I hope to get there an hour before hand and then we'll see how long we last . . .
Do you do annual kid or family photos? If so, is there a particular portrait place you prefer? Any tips for making the process a smooth one?
(In case you're wondering, the photo above was our feeble attempt at Thanksgiving to get a card-worthy shot of the kids. Even with a sugar coated spoon [literally], Solomon was not into it. A good memory to be sure but not Christmas card material.)
2 comments:
We used to go to Portrait Innovations but had too many bad experiences that we stopped going. Last Christmas, we were actually there, early, and then told we'd have to wait at least another 90 minutes for our SCHEDULED appointment. I called JCPenney from their lobby and got an appointment and went over and got some of the best pictures! This year, I had a photographer come down and take pictures of us locally, and they are amazing. I'll be using her for a long time to come!
I'm reading this super after the fact, so I'll say that I hope things went well!
We hardly ever did formal family pics when I was a kid. In fact, my favorite one was a pic taken at Santa Claus Land with all of us gathered around Santa Claus. The adults are the only ones in the pic smiling. I'm the littlest & I'm frowning, my sister's face is blank & my brother was literally sporting a poochie lip - HA!
Your kids are so stinkin' cute it doesn't matter if they are crying or whatever, they take great pics! :-)
Post a Comment