I know we all say this but triteness doesn't make it any less true. Time FLIES. [I won't tack on "when you're having fun" because honestly, my job doesn't feel too fun most days. Being a stay-at-home mom certainly has its fun moments but overall it's tiring work.]
Our happy Solomon Asher has added much joy to our household. As the pictures show, he is THE smiliest baby to grace the Horn home. And believe me, that's not an easy award to win. Clive was a vvvvvvvvvvvery social baby. I'm fairly experienced in doing the regular mommy tricks to induce baby smileage. With Solly I just have to glance his way to create super grins.
Solly is truly an easy baby. (Or maybe I just know what I'm doing now and I'm exuding a more confident mommy vibe to soothe him? Right, that's it.) He's sleeping well through the night now, eating solids at 2-3 meals, rolling over, laughing, and getting close to crawling.
My special time with Solly is during his morning feeding at 5 a.m. Though it's dark and ridiculously early, I enjoy snuggling with him on the couch. He's all mine in those quiet moments. After he chugs down his bottle, I burp him and he usually falls asleep quickly on my shoulder. Lately I've been letting him sleep on me for a bit so I can enjoy this fleeting baby moment. It won't be long before he's too big and squirmy to sleep snuggly on me.
Instead of doing the standard monthly chronology to celebrate Solly's 1/2 birthday, I thought it'd be more fun to do a pictorial showcase of Solly's memorable firsts.
Happy six month birthday, sweet Solomon!
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
Birth
First time ever plotting world domination
First time getting too much love from an older sibling
First time ticking off older brother by garnering attention
First time attending doctoral degree commencement
First time smiling for Buelita (and not impressing Gramps)
First (and last) time Daddy attempted to put me in the sling
First unbearably long car ride
First meet-and-greet with Raggedy Andy
First huge special smile for the bouncy seat toys
First time being abandoned on the grass at a picnic
First time experiencing toy overload
First time wearing a skull and crossbones
First big kid swing ride with g-ma
First time being dressed up in a flower headband by my sister
First time showing off my almost-crawling skills
First cheek-to-cheek photo op with mommy
First moderate level 1.2 mile hike
3 comments:
Loved this post! Super cute idea to chronicle his 'firsts'. It's absolutely true that you guys make ADORABLE children! Keep up the good work :-)
i liked the captions... very funny! :) and yes, if you're tackling mile long hikes with your kids, i'd say you are DEFINITELY a confident mommy. good for you, girl! what a fun way to enjoy God's good creation.
Awww, he is such a cutie pie!! I LOVE those big grins!! And your captions were great, too--esp. the one about plotting world domination and the one about Matt with Solly in the sling . . . :D Happy 6 mo. birthday, Solomon!!
Post a Comment