7.27.2010

Thrift Store Phenomenon

When purchasing shoes at the thrift store, make sure you have two shoes of the same size. And it would be helpful to have a left shoe and not just two righties.

DUH! Good thing my mistake only cost 90 cents.

In my defense I must note that boys' sandals have a deceptive way about them. Don't they look matching from the photos below?

Can you tell I'm trying to justify the wasting of 90 cents?

Seriously though, in all my years of resale shopping this is the first time I've seen this. A pair of shoes exactly the same brand, style and color only a 1/2 size apart. I'm wondering what other customer went home with our matching right sandals!

In general I whole-heartedly LOVE thrift store shopping. It's like a treasure hunt with precious (and cheap) jewels just waiting to be discovered.

Anything like this ever happened to you? Happy thrifting!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

my sister just had the same thing happen to her..but froma much more expensive store.

the johnson crew said...

oh know that is so funny.

it reminds me... malachi, amos and another little boy all have the same matching loafers. one morning malachi came home from church wearing a 6.5 on one foot and a 7 on the other. amos had both size 5s. we finally sorted it out and got our shoe back. :)