The c-section went smoothly though there was some serious yanking going on to evict baby Solomon. Besides being a large fella (typical for our bambinos), Solomon was residing fairly high and required the efforts of several medical personnel to bring him out. Of course I wasn't feeling any pain due to the powerful spinal block administered but the pressure was crushing on my lungs and chest. Kind of like having the wind knocked out of you continually by a Chicago Bears' linebacker.
Solomon was obviously not happy about being evicted and let out a LOUD cry of displeasure. :) Conversely, I was VERY pleased and instantly burst into tears with joy at hearing his strong healthy lungs.
As is usual per our c-section experiences, the anesthesiologist was incredibly kind, knowledgeable, and chatty. I'm sure it's part of the anesthesiologist's job to keep the patient distracted from the fact that her major organs are being removed and both Matt and I very much appreciate the distraction. (He's not one to enjoy looking over the sheet to gaze in wonder at the surgical procedures. He tries his best NOT to see anything!) Our thoughtful anesthesiologist even took a picture of Solomon with her iphone and emailed it to my mom right after surgery.
Even though I often think of c-sections as routine, they are indeed medical marvels. It's just amazing to consider what happens during the procedure. And now that I'm two weeks out from my Solomon-induced c-section, I'm awed to see how quickly my body has healed and bounced back from such a major surgery.
We are inexpressibly thankful to God for His protection of me and Solomon during the surgery. I know that health is not to be taken for granted; we are exceedingly grateful to have three happy and healthy children!
If you've not already seen our cutie-patootie baby Solomon pictures on FB, below are some coo-worthy photos for you. Enjoy!
9 comments:
Yay!!! Solomon is such a beautiful baby boy! I was so hoping to see a post from you soon to announce his arrival. I'm very grateful that your delivery was uneventful & that you are bouncing back well. You are so right that surgery is a big deal - never routine & health is nothing to take for granted. Thanks for giving me a big smile this morning & yes, I did coo over your pics :-)
How adorable! I am thankful with you that all went smoothly - and what a blessing to have competent doctors and thoughtful anesthesiologists to help distract from the intricate details of your surgery. I can't wait to have some time to catch up via FB on all the pictures!! Praising God with you!!
Congrats again! He looks just like his siblings I think.
Such a blessing indeed!!! Your story is almost word for word to mine, twice! The overwhelming pressure on your chest is almost too much and the numbed pulling and jerking feelings are almost too much too! So thankful everything went well for you and that you are feeling good afterward! Solomon is such a cutie!!! Makes me want to have another baby! If only my husband would agree! ;) Congratulations again!!!
Your family of 5 is beautiful!!! Hope you continue to heal and get back to your new normal. :)
Congratulations! He is so handsome =) Praise the Lord for a healthy baby and mama! Enjoy!
Love the pictures! I'm so happy for you guys! What a cutie! So thankful you had a good c-section experience and that the recovery is going well.
Little boys are so wonderful. I'm just learning how true that is. :-)
adorable pictures and love the name! he shares a birthday with my dad- always an easy date to remember. :)
and about the c-section- i whole-heartedly agree after having two- they had a hard time with getting jonas out which was oh so scary- just had to keep meditating on scripture!
praise the Lord for his portection over you both!
Al, he's beautiful! Congratulations!
Post a Comment