8.03.2009

Life in fast forward

August? How CAN it be August already? This weekend when we started Chloe's calendar afresh for the new month it struck me that our remaining summer weeks are waning.

As I get older it seems that time goes by more quickly than ever before. Do you find that true?

Our summer has been packed full of activities. For the last 2+ weeks we've had my in-laws here visiting. Tia Becky joined the crowded house this past Friday. We are thoroughly enjoying living, cooking, and laughing together in our small home. It feels like we're a multigenerational family from years past as we function cooperatively to keep the household running. I'm certainly going to miss their help around here!

For us the month of August holds a smattering of playdates, visits, and activities including Chloe's momentous 4th birthday. Agh! How can my baby be turning FOUR? Again, I note the passage of time in fast forward mode.

How is August shaping up for you and your family? During our unscheduled August days I hope to squeeze out as much summer as possible! Wading pools, bike rides, and grilling galore!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I'm right there with you - how can it be August already? This has been such an atypical year for us with the wedding. I was thinking (naively) that I would have so much free time after the wedding - no more planning to consume my time. But I have definitely found other tasks to occupy myself! And with the busyness/responsibility I do find that the time slips by so much more quickly. This summer has really caught me by surprise b/c of the cooler weather. I keep waiting for summer to really start & it's almost over! We have family vacation (my fam), a cousin's wedding, & ongoing house projects scheduled for this month. I too am hoping to squeeze as much summer out of the month as possible - biking, running, shooting hoops with my hubby...good times! I'm glad you were able to enjoy such a wonderful visit with family!

Heather said...

You HAVE had a busy summer! So glad that you have been able to spend much of it family!!

Anonymous said...

Nice family....


share your family