Hello, all! We've had an incredibly busy month and it's not slowing down! Hence, my recent blogging break during the month of August.We're still coming down from the emotional high of Chloe's 4th birthday and the recent visit from my mom and gramma. See a zillion pictures of her genteel tea party birthday here.
Matt and I also celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary this week. Since my mom and gramma were in town we got to go out on a date. Woo-hoo! We crammed a movie, dinner, and putt-putt golf into our date night. And if you're wondering, Matt creamed me at golf. He's so cute when he plays putt-putt. He acts just like a pga pro lining up his putts and reading the greens. I prefer to use the whack-the-ball-without-thinking method. :) Which explains why I lost miserably.
Matt got me a super fabulous anniversary gift -- a car radio that works! Yay! We've been 3 years without a radio in the car. And let me tell you that music in the car seriously helps the kids when traveling. We're all enjoying the gift even though Clive was a bit confused at first (he kept looking around to see where it was coming from).
We're gearing up for the fall semester and getting excited (and a little scared) about the new schedule ahead.
How was your August?
4 comments:
Congrats on your anniversary! It's amazing what you'll try to cram into one night when you have baby sitters! :)
Happy Belated Anniversary. Yay for date nights -- how fun to pack so much in. I must say that Dan plays putt-putt like Matt, and I play like you. I remember one time feeling a little impatient at how long it was taking Dan to "line up his shot" and then the thought hit me, "We're on a date. Why in the world am I thinking he should be in a rush?" :-)
Our 9th anniversary was the 5th, but I was in the States so we're going to celebrate when I'm feeling better! :-) A few months ago, we found a nice restaurant here that serves food the way Americans fix it, but strangely enough, it's about as pricey as an American place -- $25 I think it was for the 2 of us. We would be embarrassed if people in our church ever knew we spent that much on a meal (salaries are $60-$80 a month if they even have a full time job), but we decided we would go back for special occasions which an anniversary definitely counts for. So, when chicken cordon bleu actually sounds good again, that's where we're heading.
Happy anniversary! I love the smoochie wedding pic :-) I play puttputt by the 'scoot' method. I whack it once & then i use the club to scoot it to the hole - heehee!
I'm so glad he got you a car radio - how sweet! I couldn't imagine not having one (I'm very spoiled). I sing like a crazy woman when I drive alone. I'll bet you're not surprised!
Our August has been super busy & I am mourning the end of summer & the beginning of school (even though school doesn't affect us one bit; it's just knowing everyone else is dealing with it). I took a few days off last week & got a lot accomplished. Back to the grind today!
Congratulations on your anniversary! Also, I loved the pics of Chloe's birthday tea. How sweet!
Post a Comment