8.14.2009

FOUR

My sweet baby girl is no longer a baby! (Though in a very real sense she will ALWAYS be a baby in my eyes.)

I am in a slight sense of shock to think that my Chloe is breaching the 4 year milestone today. Obviously I admit that time marches at a constant rate but it doesn't seem so from my mommy perspective.

Watching this child grow from a screaming needy newborn into a functioning reasoning little person has been a true privilege and joy. I treasure my dear Chloe and I fully enjoy spending time with her, observing her personality blossom, and watching her develop.

I'm also super proud of my girl. She's helpful and obedient (most of the time). She can read simple words and she is an expert at imagination play. Chloe draws and sings and makes up her own poems. She's also very sweet with her little brother (again, most of the time) especially now that they're roomies. Clive waits up for her and then they "talk" until one of two things happen 1) they crash on their own or 2) Matt has to go up and give them an ultimatum. (I'm not a good bed-time ultimatum-giver so it's become Matt's job. I walk in the room and can NOT keep from smiling and giggling with them!)

Chloe is in an interesting stage right now because she's articulating her own thoughts and ideas more and more. Just tonight she said, "Tomorrow when I turn 4, will I be a mommy?" And then immediately after that she told me something unintelligible about God's rules for life. And then she started doing demi-plies while giggling. The workings of a 4 year old mind certainly are curious.

Happy 4th birthday, my snuggle bunny. I love you dearly and I am thrilled with how God has grown you thus far!

6 comments:

ruth said...

Happy Birthday Chloe!

How sweet that she want to be a mommy like you, Alicia. She is an adorable little girl, and you're doing a wonderful job as her mommy. :)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Chloe!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Chloe;).

Abby said...

Happy Birthday Chloe!!!!

Mary Ann said...

Happy birthday to sweet Chloe!

It has been so fun to watch her grow through the pics you post. She is a beautiful girl & I rejoice with you on how God has grown her & will continue to grow her!

Karis said...

Alicia, where has the time gone? Kayla's #4 was the 12th, and I just stared at her as she chattered and played throughout the day almost in shock that so much has changed in 4 years. They grow up so quickly. I agree with Ruth -- you are a wonderful Mommy.