We've had SUCH a lovely summer together as a family that I am seriously mourning today. I'm super thankful that Matt is a college prof; having the summers off is too good to be true!
Besides being a personal blessing and help to me around the house, Matt has engaged and invested in our kids. He has a strong and unique bond with each of them.
I've had to do some focused thinking and planning to make our transition as easy as possible. Honestly, I think I might have the hardest time transitioning. I'm so used to having Matt around to watch the kids while I prepare supper, or take a nap, or need to run to the grocery store.
So, today officially begins our fall semester. Sigh. Goodbye summer. We miss you already, Matt!
2 comments:
So sorry you are having to make this adjustment! But I rejoice in reading about a happy, functioning marriage. What a sweet testimony! Here's hoping your first Monday without Matt won't leave you feeling like you've been hit by a Mack truck - that's how Mondays sometimes make me feel!;-)
I completely understand that the biggest adjustment will probably be for you. I had a similar adjustment after language school where in our case our lives were so parallel and we shared so much house and girls responsibilities. Those were crazy days and soooo busy, but I loved how much we were together. :-)
Oh the up side, glad you enjoyed your summer!
Post a Comment