2.17.2009

Calling all crockpots!

I know I've been an off-again-on-again blogger as of late, so hopefully this post will reclaim my readership. :)

I'm hoping to make Thursdays our crockpot supper nights. Generally, Thursdays are very busy for us. The kids and I get on the road at 8:30 a.m. to make it to our weekly Bible study on time. After study we eat lunch in our church commons area and then drive back home for naps at 2 p.m. All the driving, child management (doesn't that make my job sound refined?), and food preparation wipes me out come Thursday afternoon. I either crash with the kids for a quick nap or hop online to work on these busy Thursdays.

Crockpot to the rescue!

In general, I don't have much crockpot cooking variety. Roast with onion soup mix, bbq beef sandwich meat, or ribs slathered in barbecue sauce is all I've done thus far. This week a chicken with bacon recipe is slated for Thursday's crockpot supper.

Anyone have a fabulous slow cooker recipe to add some spice to our Thursday night dining?

8 comments:

S said...

I wish I did- I've had several bad crockpot experiences so I stick to the basics also. :)

Jenny said...

I like to make chili in the crock pot, but that is pretty basic too. Except I've found that you can put the beef in still frozen, which is nice. Let me know if you want my un-recipe! :-)

Busch family said...

I love my crockpot too! I like to stick a chicken fryer in the crockpot on top of some cut up potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion. You can really add in whatever spices you like. It's great.It's so nice since it's a complete meal.
Another great help to me is a book called Fix It and Forget It.I love that book! It has tons of recipes and tips for the crockpot. There's stuff in there that I never thought would work in a crockpot!

I hope that helps out a little!

Mary Ann said...

Yay! Something I actually have a good recipe for! It's a wonderful beef stew recipe. I can e-mail it to you, if you'd like. It's kind of long to post here. My e-mail address is m.annie77 at g mail. My sister also makes a wonderful lemon pepper pork loin in the crock pot. If that sounds good to you, let me know & I'll e-mail it, too.

Karen said...

I HEART my crock pot!
Some of our favorites are split pea soup, chicken fajitas, & taco soup.
Mmmm!

Janelle said...

I have a really good Italian Chicken recipe that has become a favorite for our family. I love it because you can put frozen chicken breasts in it and it still turns out great! I got the recipe from Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious magazine. I can e-mail it to you also because it might be a little long for here also.

By the way, you never lost any readers because of your lack of blogging. We kept checking back to see if there were any new adventures from your household! We all get busy and understand! I know I've been terrible lately too so we're in the same boat!

Holly said...

I love using my crock pot! I have a great crock pot cookbook called "Fix It and Forget It." It would be a worthwhile investment. I like to make chili in the crock pot, too. I also like to make Creamy Italian Chicken and a yummy potato soup recipe. Let me know if you want the recipes.

Bobbi said...

Hi I came across your blog and then came across a crockpot blog this morning. I loved it and thought you might like it.
www.crockpot365.blogspot.com

I hope you enjoy!