Somehow even though I know how curious and quick Clive is I still manage to be two seconds behind him on his messes. At least he's into cleaning things up with me! A definite plus since I have a feeling we'll be doing lots of cleaning up after this boy.
Despite his messiness, Clive is an absolute darling. His smile is infectious and I can't seriously be angry with him for more than 5 seconds. (Unless those 5 seconds include his whiny cry that is. He is already showing us that he's a stubborn boy and often refuses to sign please.)
To round out this alliterated "C" post, I'll tell you about Chloe's first no-undies experience.
We've been attending the local gym lately and it includes a huge kid-friendly pool. It's a blast to finish up our workout time with a swim in the pool! But, taking two small children swimming is also a bit stressful for me when I have to do it alone. The worst part of the swimming time is when we're all finished and I have to change and dry everyone in the family bathroom. Chloe is usually semi-able to dress herself but when she's wet and dripping she can't pull on her pants too well (who can?).
Anyways, I try to dry and dress the kiddos as quickly as possible. I had done a super-speedy dressing job on Chloe and when I went to pack up our belongings I saw it. Chloe's clean pair of pink cupcake undies. Oops! There was NO way I was stripping her down again to put those undies on so Chloe went commando. And then the kicker was she said she liked not wearing undies. Hope I haven't inadvertently started something here!
Tell me I'm not the only mom who has ever done that?
Enjoy the pictures below from recent times in the Horn household. Can you guess which picture Chloe took?
4 comments:
Ha Ha! Chloe going commando and liking it - too funny! I am sure you are NOT the only mom to have ever done that. Hopefully you won't find her running around sans panties in the future ;-)
Clive sure does sound a lot like Simon! Simon is ALWAY up to mischief, and lately, he can reach things from off the dining table, so all items must be at least 6 inches from the edge. I have wiped up several cups of spilled water or worse (sticky juice - yuk!) in the last week.
That's hilarious that Chloe prefers going commando! :) Luke prefers to hang around the house in only underwear. :)
Kayla also likes going commando -- I have caught her doing that a handful of times. Just this week, I saw her panties on her bathroom floor that I knew she had been wearing that day. I asked her why she had changed her panties. She just got this look on her face that was swallowing a smile, and I knew that she wasn't wearing any. I wanted to laugh so hard, but I tried to keep a straight face although I'm sure my eyes were dancing as much as hers.
Hey, at least we're talking panties this year instead of potty training. I remember it was this month last year that Kayla quit having potty accidents in her panties off and on. I think Chloe was around the same timing. Doesn't it seem like so long ago now?!
And Krista is into absolutely everything too! I also try to anticipate her path, but she always seems to hurricane her way through ahead of me. She's loving life, though, that's for sure.
That story about Chloe is HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment