Now that we have the cutest children in the world it's even more fun to get all gussied up on Sunday. They just look extra adorable in their church duds! And I never thought I'd enjoy dressing a boy but Clive looks so snazzy in his little man clothes. Let me assure you, sweater vests are all the rage in his church nursery room.
We tried to capture their Sunday-cuteness yesterday but it didn't go too well. As you can see, Clive does not like to be restrained for photo purposes.
Another reason I love Sundays is the football watching. We don't watch TV during the week so for the Sunday afternoon/evening football games we soak it up.
Usually we watch football together at home as a family. But this year we actually got invited to a real superbowl party! It was tons of fun eating chili and chatting it up with the other moms while the guys watched football over the din of playing children. And we still honored our packer fealty by all dressing in green and gold (Chloe's idea). It's official. We're a family of nerds.
And what an incredible superbowl it was, eh? We were rooting for the underdogs, the Cardinals, but both teams played some outstanding football. Who did you cheer for?
5 comments:
I love Chloe's green tights - so cute! We don't get dressed up at our church (jeans is the norm), so any chance I get to dress up Eli a little bit more, I love! Sweater vests are great!
Alicia, you guys look very cute in spite of the squirming! I agree, it's nice to dress up on Sunday. Mike likes it b/c it's the only time I wear a skirt (huge departure from the NBBC days, heehee). Right now my Sundays are very hectic b/c I do all of my laundry at mom & dad's that afternoon (there's a plumbing issue that needs to be resolved at my house). So I'm saving some money for a plumber, & then my Sundays will be more relaxed. I enjoyed the Super Bowl, too. Never watched football until Mike & now I'm actually learning some stuff. We were rooting for the Cardinals, too. Oh well, it was a fun game!
Love the cake. Cute!
We were kind of rooting for the Steelers due to living in the general vacinity of the team, but I found myself wanting the underdogs to win, especially since the Steelers have won so many other times.
I think it's great you wore your GB attire! Way to be proud of your team! :)
Krista is the same way as Clive when it comes to sitting for a posed picture. Then, Kayla tries to intervene and keep Krista in the picture so Krista fights to get away even more. Then Kayla's "mom #2" voice comes out. Me being the oldest in our family tries not to laugh!
Since the Super Bowl started at midnight here (I think), I wasn't interested this year. Dan really missed the football season this year, though... I liked the picture with you guys in your Packers gear. Cute family!
Auggh! I wrote an enormous comment and it got lost in cyberspace! Maybe you wanted the condensed version anyways.
Clive's sweater is so cute! And Chloe is a doll. I am dying for a little daughter to dress! :)
Our Super Bowls have been very low-key lately. This year, since it was on my birthday eve, we had a combo party. It was just our little fam., and I ended up doing everything b/c Chris was consumed with getting the Super Bowl in with our lovely converter box and then watching the game! At least I got my favorite BBQ Chicken pizza from Papa Johns. YUMMO!
You all are so cute in your Packer duds. Sadly, our family doesn't have harmony when it comes to the NFL, though Chris feels quite amiable towards the Packers. The last few years though, the Lions have been pushing him towards converting! :) We all root for the Tigers together though and usually make it to at least one game a year. It was fun to live in MI the year they were in the World Series.
Post a Comment