Happy Holidays to you all! Feels like ages since I've updated my blog. It's been a welcome hiatus as our household has struggled through viruses and colds amidst the Christmas festivities. Plus, it just feels good to be lazy and tinker with our Christmas gifts during this post-Christmas week. Chloe calls them "pajama days".I'll most definitely sum up our memorable Christmas activities in weeks to come but for today I have a question for you in regards to New Year's Eve.
I know most of you have offspring so I'm guessing if you're like us, your new year's celebrations have changed considerably. Our kids are both in bed by 8 (depending on Chloe's nap that is) and they're so little there's absolutely no way I'd consider keeping them up until midnight. I'm struggling with a head cold and painful cough so an early bedtime is in order for me. And Matt doesn't care about these rituals so he'll probably just read himself into the new year.
So, how do you plan to ring in the new year? Can you believe 2009 is just around the corner? When we get to 2010 I'm going to feel like we're in an episode of the Jestons. The number just seems so high and future-y.
4 comments:
I'll be ringing in the New Year alone in bed and asleep (Vince has to work). I only remember 2 or 3 times I've ever been awake at midnight. I enjoy my sleep too much!!!
Kevin and I were just talking about what we were going to do. I think we are heading to our church, but I doubt we will stay till midnight....not like the ol' days when we would stay up playing games and hanging out. I am getting old!! :)
Happy New Year to you and your family!!!
We are in MI with family for New Year's this year, and we always go to a hotel in Frankenmuth. Simon will def. be going to bed around his usual bedtime (7-8ish), unless he's happy and doing fine until a LITTLE later. But, Luke - I think he actually stayed up last year. He's about old enough that he's having fun and is almost okay with staying up, and it's just easier to let him stay up. I can't believe he's getting so old! We'll see how it goes! I definitely don't blame you for putting the kids to bed early and staying in! I have never done any heavy partying on New Year's Eve. Believe it or not, there weren't too many happening parties in Dunbar. Me and my bff always just hung out and played LIFE. :) I thought it was fun.
Happy New Year, Alicia! I'm sorry you & yours haven't been feeling well. Hopefully you'll get over those bugs soon. I don't even know what we are going to do tonight. I'm sure I'll go to the midweek prayer service & choir practice. After that, I don't really care. New Year's is not one of my favorite holidays. It seems like a made up thing to celebrate & I can be guilty of putting way too much pressure on myself for not having reached certain goals or making way too many resolutions for the New Year. Plus, I have to work on New Year's Day so I gotta get some sleep.
Post a Comment