The stomach flu has hit our household this past week so I've been delinquent on many things - not just blogging. Thankfully, Clive was the only hit hard by the virus (though it was so rough to see him sick!) and he needed lots of extra cuddling and baths. Both fun activities! The cleaning-up-vomit, not so much fun. But he's over it now and back to his jolly self. Anyone else struggling with the flu this season? I'm CONVINCED that the flu mist which Chloe and I received has helped us stay healthy.
Seems like this year our Christmas carol of focus is O Come, O Come Emmanuel. We've been singing a Christmas carol after supper each night and Chloe is vvvvvvvvery proud of herself for knowing all the words. So much so that she insisted I do a video of her singing. The way she says "Emmanuel" and "Israel" is so darling! Be sure to listen for Clive's babbling contributions in the background. :)
What Christmas carols are you humming this season?
9 comments:
Alicia, that is a WONDERFUL video! What a cutie pie! I've been humming 'O Holy Night', my all time favorite Christmas carol. I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with illness. I had acute tonsilitis the week before last & it was a doozey. Two rounds of antibiotics later, I'm up & around but still very fatigued. Lots of folks around me have upset tummies & that makes me nervous but there's not much you can do but pray for health!
What a great video! Chloe is quite the little singer!!!
Too sweet!
(What is the flu mist?)
Good job Chloe!! She's getting so grown up.
Actually, Chloe was singing my favorite Christmas tune! I am SO impressed!
Janelle and her family had the flu last weekend, and then my boys had it on Thursday. It's funny how it's going on at the same time all over the country! Chris and I got it on Sunday, but I didn't throw up and it was mild all around, for which I am glad. The boys and I got the flu shot 1 week before they got it. A friend of mine told me not to get the mist - she said it immediately made a friend of hers sick, though I know that's not scientific. :) This is the first time the boys or I have ever gotten the flu shot. I don't ever remember the ped. ever recommending it, but he did this year. And, as a rule, I do what my dr. says. :)
O Come O Come Emanuel is a fav. of ours too. I have been singing Away in a Manger to SIm a lot. I love all of the carols - First Noel, Silent Night, O Holy Night. :) I LOVE Christmas. :)
We have been sick in this household too. Not the flu but ear infections, strep and pink eye. It has been a better week so far...I hope you are all feeling better!!
I have been practicing all of the Christmas Carols on the piano for church and Victoria LOVES to sing Silent Night when I get to that one!! I love that our little ones are at such a fun age...to me it makes Christmas so special!
This is a message from Kayla. She says, "Good job, Chloe! I love to sing Christmas songs too, but I don't know that one yet."
Chloe looks way too old in this video. She's growing so fast. What a sweetie.
Post a Comment