6.11.2008

Blogging on Vacation?

We arrived safely in Wisconsin after a vvvvvvvvvvery long drive and a heavy rain storm. It's so good to be in my home town! Though I seem to have temporarily forgotten what city driving is like . . . And the highway/street names didn't all come back to my brain like I expected.

My mom has wireless internet access at her place so I'll be able to check my email and keep up on blogging as time permits. I'm not so sure about reading blogs while I'm away. At home I usually check the old blog reader throughout the day since I have it set on my google homepage.

Which brings me to my question for you all: How do you keep up with blogging while you're away from home?

7 comments:

Katie said...

Have fun in WI! :) I usually still check my google reader while on vacation - along with email and facebook. around our house, we call that "checking our beanstalk". :)

Karis said...

How do I keep up with blogging when I'm not home? For the most part, I don't! And since we're away from home a lot, there are a lot of gaps in my blogging.

We make it a priority to check email everywhere we go even if it means we have to drive through the neighborhood where we're staying until we can find someone who has an unsecured wireless internet. We also stop outside hotels and get on their wireless internet or restaurants, but this doesn't usually allow us to do anything extensive like blogging. We are so thankful for those who keep their wireless internet connections open - unsecured. I kinda' feel bad that we didn't return the favor as when we had our own place, we always put a password on ours.

Hope you have a great vacation.

ruth said...

Al, I barely keep up with blogging when I'm at home, so I won't be much help with your question. :) Have fun with your mom!

Tricia said...

I use my google reader to keep up with blogs away from home. Hope you have a great vacation

Kelly Glupker said...

I don't. I need to figure out how that google reader works, it sounds handy.

Heather said...

Enjoy your vacation and don't worry about checking up on the blogging world!! :)

Mary Ann said...

I don't keep up with blogging or blog reading on vacation - that's part of the joy of vacation! I don't even check e-mail. Of course, I don't really keep up with it in real life. Seems I'm usually about 2 steps behind where I should be, but on vacation I don't even think about it. I hope you're having a fabulous time!