6.23.2008

Home sweet home

After 10 hours on the road, we were unspeakably relieved to pull into our own driveway late Sunday night.

The trip was long but good overall. Matt and I took turns sitting in the back with the kiddos reading books to Chloe and/or feeding Clive. Clive was obviously fed up with sitting in his carseat at hour 8. So we stopped for dinner and thoroughly tired him out (it is impossible for him to fall asleep in a busy crowded place - he's such a social kid). The last 2.5 hours in the car were a breeze! Clive slept soundly and Chloe was content to listen quietly to her Patch the Pirate cd.

We got home and jumped into a busy week so unpacking has been slow. I'm so thankful my hubby is being understanding about that!

Ah. Dorothy was right; there's no place like home.

Click here to see our vacation photos.

3 comments:

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

I agree! Vacation and seeing family is sooo much fun . . . but there's nothin' like being home w/ your hubby and kids! Glad you had a good time and a safe trip! And, if it makes you feel any better, we got back from our vaca. out east late on 6/13, and I still have my and Gracie's suitcases out and not completely unpacked ;o)

Mary Ann said...

Alicia, it's good to have you back. I've missed your pics & musings. Glad you had a good time & that you traveled safely!

Matt & Nicki said...

I LOVE that she fell asleep with the book in her hand--great shot!