11.07.2007

Peppermint white chocolate mocha decaf bliss

This feels very strange but I'm sitting here in panera blogging on my laptop. What a high tech-mommy I am. :)
After a vvvvvvvvvvvery difficult morning of potty training with Chloe, Matt made me take a nap and then kicked me out for the evening to enjoy some much-needed alone time. What a great guy I snagged. So I headed out wondering what to nosh on for dinner. After various stops, I splurged at starbucks on a peppermint white chocolate mocha (don't worry - I decafed it). We seriously NEVER go to starbucks. Just not a toddler-friendly place and truthfully, I think they're way overpriced and I much prefer panera's coffee to the strong as oil starbucks brand java. Though I do very much appreciate the fact that starbucks is a fair and well-paying employer (or so I've heard).

But Matt told me to splurge on something special so I did. Yowza, what delight hit my tastebuds when I sipped the perfectly pepperminty chocolatey drink! Yum! Definitely worth $3.50 (even though that same money would buy a gallon of milk).

What special treat do you enjoy during a splurging moment?

12 comments:

Kara said...

Arby's beef and cheddar. Or the chicken/bacon/swiss.

Karen said...

Ha! That's a frugal mama, noting that your drink = a gallon of milk! My yummy splurge is Pizza Hut's stuffed crust pizza. Mmm... Or Taco Bell's nacho cheese chalupa. Or anything from Coldstone Creamery...

Heather said...

Hmmmm...what do I splurge on....I love a nice smooth coffee drink. Cold or hot. I am not a big one on Starbucks either; I would rather have gloria jeans or caribu coffee. mmmm...i need to get me one of those right now!

Rachel said...

Some will consider this weird but I love it!! When I don't care about calories and fat, I will cut up cheddar cheese and eat them with a Ruffles potato chips. Even if I use the reduced fat versions, it's still an indulgence. yummo! Can you tell that I'm a Vermont girl at heart? Cabot cheddar is the BEST!!!

Jenny said...

my favorite coffee drink is a decaf coconut mocha with skim milk. Starbucks only has coconut in the summertime, but there's a great coffee shop in town that makes a yummy (I think better) version - I am definitely in a rut! I buy coffee so infrequently that the last time I went for coffee with friends I "had" to get my fave and couldn't even think about the yummy sounding pumpkin pie latte...glad you got to have a little time to yourself!!

Janelle said...

We are definitely Starbucks fans, but we love Panera too! The funny thing - I don't drink coffee at all! I LOVE starbucks Chai Tea Latte or Frappuccino. I love it too around Christmas time when they have the eggnog flavoring that I'll add to the Chai Tea Latte - YUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!! Another problem is that I am a W-I-M-P when it comes to caffeine so if we ever do make it to Starbucks at night I usually do either a flavored Steamer or their Carmel Apple Cider. That one is super yummy too, but VERY rich and sweet. Your Peppermint white chocolate mocha sure does sound good too. I wonder if they could make it without the coffee?

That's really not too bad of a thing to splurge on I guess. Considering it will buy a little over a gallon of gas these days is pretty sad too. So glad that your sweet husband was sensitive enough to give you that time to get away from the "potty training headache"!

S said...

I love the Pumpkin Spice Latte's at Starbucks this season. It is a waste of money, but during this pregnancy I'm finding myself more stressed than I did the first time around. Things that didn't phase me before, have with my preggo hormones kicking in...plus, life with almost a two year old makes it interesting also. :) So I laughed when I read this post, because after hearing 'no' from my daughter for a greater part of the day, on the way to church,(which is at our gym for youth group), I got a latte. I dropped Esther off at nursery and she was glad to go, and I breathed a sigh of relief at a little break I must admit. We both were refreshed when I picked her up. :)

the johnson crew said...

when we had our four kids, jason often let me spurge on a yummy starbucks treat, but now that i am pregnant, coffee (even the smell of it) grosses me out. i know so sad (but i am thankful to be past the addiction of it.) - now i long for either greek or chinese food.

Karis said...

I honestly can't remember the last time I had anything from Starbucks so that's a great treat for me. My mother-in-law arrives tomorrow, and I feel in major need of some down time so maybe I'll skip out for a couple of hours and try the decaf peppermint white chocolate mocha as that sounds incredibly wonderful!

Another all time favorite splurge (because of all the sugar not because of the price because McDonald's has great sweet tea for $1) is sweet tea! Mmmmm... but during these cooler days, sipping flavored coffee is so refreshing.

Amanda T said...

Wow, sounds like pure delight! What a great splurge. I love coffee drinks and that peppermint one sounds wonderful. Hmm....maybe I need a splurge. :)

Kelly Glupker said...

Check out my blog.

Sara said...

Since moving south, my coffee days have decreased. It is typically too hot to drink coffee here! However, now that we are in the 60's, I am loking forward to some pumpkin spice something or another. I just love fall drinks. I have a great cider recipe I LOVE! I'll have to share that with you.