Last Monday through Wednesday, Matt's brother Ben and family drove out for a quick visit. It had been several months since we'd seen each other and we had a ball playing games, shopping, and chatting. Chloe and her cousin Grace are only 5 months apart in age and they interact more and more now. They actually played together instead of parallel this time! And Grace is finally catching up to Chloe in height. Who knows if she'll ever catch up to her in the weight and head size category . . . .
As always, I'm stunned by how much my nieces and nephew have grown through the year. Ahna is 9 and Zach 12. Ahna is sweetness personified. I can't help hugging on her and smiling as I watch her bound around with joyful energy. And though Zach is on the brink of teen-dom, he still has that mischievous boyish Horn twinkle in his eye. He's a hard-working kid and very fun to be around.
The days flew by too quickly for my liking but I certainly think we enjoyed each moment together to its fullest.
Thanks again for making the trip out to see us, Ben & Diane! You're welcome again any time (except for December - January when I'll be birthing a baby).
1 comment:
sounds like a wonderful time! i hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving.
Post a Comment