Last night I got my exhausted body to bed by 9:30 p.m. Seems like during these big old third trimester days I run on adrenaline until about 3 and then I do some serious crashing. I usually take a nap while Chloe sleeps and that's enough to get me through the evening.Yesterday though I had a ridiculous amount of computer work to do for my online job so I knew it was no napping for me. Wahh! By the time Matt arrived home in the afternoon, I looked like a zombie and was on the verge of tears; all signs of imminent mommy break-down. He stepped up to the daddy plate and took care of Chloe so I could make a quick supper, take a bubble bath, and hit the hay early. What a dear hubby!
My early bedtime caused me to rise with the sun this morning and it sure feels good! I could get used to this! Thus far this morning I've boiled some eggs for egg salad, mixed up dough for 2 batches of Rachel's phenomenal cinnamon rolls, made the coffee and I'm currently doing yet more online work. Of course I haven't showered yet for fear of waking up Chloe but I can do that quickly when Matt wakes up.
All this early waking jazz leads me to ask you all a question. I'm slightly afraid to ask it because I'm sure your responses will make me feel rather guilty for my usual leisurely waking-up time of 8 o'clock (or later some days!). But I am a giant pregnant woman who needs my rest and I know that baby #2 will drastically change our morning routines.
What time do you regularly wake up? What's your morning routine like?
7 comments:
I wish I could say that I was a morning person, but I am SO NOT. I have to be at work M-F at 7AM and sometimes at 6:30. So I get up anywhere between 5 and 5:30 most mornings if all goes well. This week I have overslept both a little and a lot. Usually my morning routine is a bit rushed & hectic (even though I always pick out my clothes beforehand & usually have my lunch prepared ahead as well). My cognitive functions are just not so good for about 2 hours after I wake up. That's not a great thing on mornings when I wake up late & I have to handle radioactive stuff as soon as I get to work ;-)
On the days that Vince is home with Elijah, I get up at 6 and get ready for work so I can leave around 7. On the days Vince has to work and Elijah goes to my sister-in-law's, I get up at 5 (ugh!). I've been getting Elijah up at 6 so I can feed him and change him before I go to my SIL's house, but I'm starting to just let him sleep until I HAVE to get him up to change him and then into the carseat he goes! He needs his sleep too! On the weekends, we get to sleep in - usually until 8 or 9. Elijah is such a great sleeper and sleeps until 9 usually, sometimes 10! During the week I put out my clothes for the next day out, and get Elijah's clothes out as well. I make my lunch for work and Elijah's bottles are made in the morning. I'm a planner, so that works best for me! Ok - I've written a novel - I'll leave room for others! ha!
Before I became pregnant this time around, I was up before 6:00 and had all of my cleaning/routine chores/quiet time done for the day before Michael woke up around 8:00. Now, I wake up with him, usually between 7:00-7:30. I find that I need my rest more than I need to have the house perfect.
Often, we'll get up and read in the recliner for 15-20 minutes before I make breakfast for the two of us. After cleaning up, I'll do a load or two of laundry and play with Michael. Now that my energy is slowly making a comeback, I've been organizing for company or baking with Michael. He LOVES to "help" me out while I'm doing kitchen things.:) Usually, around 10:30 or so, I'll let Michael watch 30 minutes of a video as he tends to be kind of a sleepy-head around that time. Not an overly exciting routine but it works well for us:). I have 6 more months to enjoy things as they are before having to create a new routine.
I get up aroun 7:30 to be at work by 8:30. I've been trying to change my routine so I'm up by 6:00. I'd love to use that time to either hit the gym, spend more time in Bible study, prep for that evening's dinner or other household chores, but I haven't been successful in rousing myself as of yet. It's a goal of mine to make it a daily habit, though.
Don't you dare feel bad about sleeping in!! You go girl and you so deserve it!!!
I am NOT a morning person, but it doesn't matter in my house. The alarm goes off at 5AM and I am up running at 5:15. I wake the kids up at 6:30 and get breakfast, teeth brushed, dressed and beds made before we are at the end of our driveway at 7:15 to catch the bus. Logan goes to day care at 7:20 and then I am on my way to work after that. Sometimes when I am riding the elevator up to my office, I feel that I have already run a marathon. Oh well.
Well, Al, you certainly are not going to feel guilty because of me. My normal wake time is between 8:30 and 9:00. It's kinda embarassing to write that down, but it's the truth. I'm much more of a night person and don't get to bed until at least 11, if not 1. When I get up, I get everybody dressed, make breakfast, read my Bible while the boys play and then exercise...after that the rest of my day is a little more random depending on what needs to be done. My house is definitely not spotless, although I do try to stay somewhat on top of things. I'm sure that waking up earlier would allow me to get more done, but at this point, it's not happening. =)
My normal bedtime 11:30-12:00--my normal wake up time--7:30 to help get Sara ready for school in the morning. I take a nap every day if I have a chance to!!
Post a Comment