That's why this morning I seized the photo opportunity before we left for our library story-time outing. I knew afterwards her nicely done up pony-tail and perfectly clean sweater shirt would be in disarray by lunch time.
We're definitely making baths an every other day thing instead of every 2-3 day thing because all manners of mysterious globs get tangled in her hair. It doesn't help that Matt let her take her lollipop into the bath with her last night. What a pushover!
Any help for this phase, moms? Or do we just grin and bear it and wash her grubby self with wipes continually?
10 comments:
I'm afraid there isn't much we can do to fix this problem. Every Tues and Thurs, I get LG looking so precious for school with pigtails or a pony tail and a sweet outfit, only to pick her up three hours later looking like (excuse my language) "WHITE TRASH!" Snotty nose (even if she is perfectly well), ratty hair, and dirty clothes! Oh well. I have learned a little trick-if I put her hair back in a partial pony tail while it is wet very tight, it will usually look semi-decent when I pick her up from school:)
I'm sorry, but my twins only look cute when we have to be somewhere or impress someone :)
Otherwise, they start the day clean and by noon, they've changed their clothes....and after nap, their hair is ratty :)
The other 2 grew out of this, so I'm just waiting it through.
Great outfit for halloween, Chloe!!
You look so good too, AL.
Love you
a lollipop in the bathtub?!?! That's SO funny!
Oh, I so agree with you. Victoria and Logan get a bath every other night because their skins gets so rashy and dried out. On the other nights they get washed up...it doesn't matter what I dress Victoria in she is always looking pretty messy when I pick her up or see her in the evening.
Good Luck to us all...
hi alicia....maybe you won't notice after you have the new baby:)
heather
I have no advice to give on this, but Chloe looks adorable in that picture! She looks very grown up.
LOVE her outfit! And yep, it's definitely difficult to keep pretty little girls looking pretty! Someday she'll be TOO concerned with making her hair perfect, though, right? :) Hope not!
I change Michael's clothes at least twice a day. I suppose that you could stick her in front of the T.V. all day to keep her looking perfect - ha, ha!! I am just kidding.
I suppose that it is part of the age. Michael doesn't like to get "goopy" when he eats but I think that he is a messy eater. Even with a bib on, he manages to get something on himself. He takes after his mother:).
Chloe looks very sweet in the picture that you took. I don't worry too much about what Michael looks like when we're at home but if we go out anywhere, I always try to make him look cute and tidy. Hey, we moms do the best that we can:).
This is a great topic! I was actually just saying this last night. I went to a scapbooking thing at our church and had to take Aaron with. I hadn't gotten a chance to wash his face off after dinner and when I got there I looked and he had "leftovers" all over his mouth. I even said out loud, "who is your mother? you look like a ragamuffin"! One of the other ladies piped up and said, "You're a good Mommy because it shows that you don't care. I found out a long time ago that you just need to let boys be boys." I thought that was pretty funny! Sometimes kids just gotta be kids I guess. There will be plenty of time for them to look "good" when they get older!
I'm just wondering how all of a sudden she looks so grown up and TALL?!?! Obviously my powers of observation are lacking...
Post a Comment