
Matt's big final paper is due tomorrow and hence we sing in celebration, ONE DAY MORE! And then he can turn is his whopping paper (72 pages at this morning's count) and be done with the semester's work, pressure, late nights, and all-nighters for good.
YAY! Our poor Matt has been slaving away at his paper while conducting finals for his 4 classes and grading papers. He usually does writing in his upstairs study but he's been missing us so much that he's moved down to the dining room table. While he's writing he puts in his ear plugs but he can still see us and feel a part of things. Sad, ain't it?
We're so proud of you Matt! And we're soooooooo vvvvvvvvvery excited to have you back to us!
We have a celebration planned for tomorrow night since it will be Matt's first night of scholastic freedom. Pizza, soda, cheesy bread, a movie, popcorn, and ice cream sundaes. And then Matt will be able to take a true break over the holidays. YAY! (Can you tell that I'm excited? I think I've exceeded the legal limit of exclamation-point-usage. )
6 comments:
Alicia, I am so happy for you!! You sound like you handle all of this very well. . .it is a rebuke to me as I struggle with Matt's busy schedule WITHOUT the pressures of him being a student!! You guys need a date weekend! Find a sitter and enjoy your time together:)
I wish we had the time and babysitter for a date weekend! I'll just settle for a date night when we visit my mom over the holidays. And believe me, I don't always handle Matt's schedule well. :)
So happy for you all! Have a wonderful night of celebrating!
I am sure that you make Matt feel wonderful by expressing how much you miss having him around. Tomorrow will be a great day for him - his paper is done and his wife is happy to be with him!
I celebrate with you and Matt! Great news! I am thrilled that he's facing freedom again. (And, in numerous ways, I can relate--at least to the pressure of school--and grading--and classes--and exams. Eck. It all makes my stomach hurt.) Enjoy the freedom, Matt!
Enjoy the much needed vacation! See you in a couple of weeks!
Post a Comment