12.06.2006

A love/hate relationship

No, I'm not talking about my relationship with my daughter or husband. I'm talking about the fickle relationship I have with my stupid computer (I do NOT unconditionally love my pc). Yesterday I almost took a hammer to it's 15" monitor! After trying multiple times to upload images into online tests (for my part time job) and having it freeze up on me, I ended up shutting it down completely and just letting it rest for awhile. That seems to work when all else fails!

Ah, technology.

Speaking of technology and computers, I have to tell you all that I ditched bloglines and have switched to google reader. I never liked how bloglines made me install their software; the google reader just uses my firefox browser so there's no foreign software on my computer. Yay! And I can stay up to date with all my blogger friends without having to click on each link individually. I highly recommend doing a newsreader. How many of you use newsreaders out there?

10 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

I want to be one! Bloglines never did work for me. When I get some extra time I'll try this one.

Anonymous said...

I also use Google Reader. It seems to function better than Bloglines.
Google also has some other neat products out there, don't know if you've tried any of them. I love gmail (their online email program.) Also included in gmail is a calendar, chat and online document storage. My other favorite google program is Picasa, a photo organizing and editing program.

Anonymous said...

I'll try it too sometime.

Unknown said...

Kelly: Sorry I first recommended Bloglines to you! You'll have to try google reader when you get a chance. It's vvvvvvvvvvery easy to use.

Shannon: Wow, when did you switch to google reader? I'm a hotmail person for email but I'm getting a bit tired of their advertisements with 1/2 naked ladies.

Carissa: Babe, you would save tons of time with a newsreader! Jump on board!

Jenny said...

Alicia,
I just tried it and it is awesome!! I am sure you would love using gmail as well, as this is also from google. I will send you an invite. No ladies at all on the email page - that is what sealed the deal for our switch! Now thanks to you my google homepage has our email AND the blog reader!!!

Unknown said...

Jenny: YAY! Isn't google reader cool? It saves me oodles of time. I just saw your invite for gmail; I'll try it out and see how it goes. I'm getting so tired of hotmail.

p.s. are you switching to beta? i'm so anxious to but haven't gotten the option to switch yet.

Anonymous said...

I switched to Google Reader a few weeks ago.
Here's a tip for you that you may already know. When you switch from bloglines to google reader you can export your rss feeds so you don't have to manually subscribe to the blogs with google reader.

Kelly Glupker said...

Okay, am I retarded? I subscribed all those stinkin' blogs into google and just noticed that two people that I subscribed updated their blogs and I didn't get an email! What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous said...

Kelly - I don't think that you get an email to alert you when people have posted something new. Open up reader.google.com and it will show you which blogs have new posts and you can read them from there.
Let me know if you still have issues and I can try to help you if you want. shannongsmith@gmail.com

Tricia said...

I've been using google reader for a while and kept forgetting to post about it. I'm glad you did Alicia. It's such a time saver and I'm not as late about getting to people's blogs when they have a new post up! =)