12.07.2006

Finally some snow!

YAY! We've finally got a bit of snow in northeast Ohio! I was soooooo envious of the winter blizzard that hit the midwest last week. It swooshed just north of us and didn't even give us a dusting.

We still don't have a great abundance of snow, but today's flurries were a good start. This was Chloe's first time to really get out and experiment with snow. Chloe was so adorable in her winter get-up (she reminds me of the younger brother in A Christmas Story who can't put his arms down!) and she got a kick out of trudging through our few inches of snow. I had hoped we could build a snowman together but alas, our wimpy snow was too fluffy for packing.

Here are some photos of my snow bunny (and believe me, these were hard to get with mittens on and trying to keep my girl from running into the street).

















Mom, I'm tired of walking. I think I'll just take a seat here. Who are those boys across the street? (We live across the road from the local highschool and always have students walking past our house). Think they'll notice me smiling and staring at them?

















Wouldn't I be a cute eskimo?


















This is the life, mom! I'm glad you finally got my subtle hints and let me come outside to play (she got her boots and said "go" while pointing to the door).




We'll try this video thing again . . . . Let me know if you can view it this time!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

What an adorable little snow bunny you have! How fun for her to enjoy the snow. We don't have much snow up here either; that big storm last week misses us. Milwaukke got almost 12 inches!!

federalbunny said...

Yes, can finally see the video. She is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Alicia!
Remember me? I'm not sure how it happened but I stumbled upon this huge list of NBBC bloggers. Had to start one up myself (although all I have done is create it; there's nothing on it yet at all). Your life looks great - so do you! Your baby girl is adorable. It's so wonderful to hear good news about people we've known. Speaking of people from the past...do you know of anyway to get in touch with Kathleen McFadden?
Would love to hear from you...gotta jet 'cause I'm at work :o
Mary Ann Bailey

Heather said...

we got so much snow last friday, but I haven't let the kids play in it yet...tomorrow they can because it is finally going to be over 10 degrees outside!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alicia (and Matt)--It's Becky Thompson! What an extraordinarily beautiful girl you have! I just got in contact with Carissa again, and she sent me to her blog. And then, there you were--wow! I am so happy for you all. I hope you're well. (It certainly sounds like it.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Alicia! (I'm answering you here because I don't know what I'm doing. Does that make a bit of sense?) I'm in my 5th year of teaching at North Greenville University--it's in Tigerville, SC--Travelers Rest is about 10 miles from the school. (I laughed at your question--is it a ministry. Yes, I guess it is--in a way.) I finally finished my doctorate in May, so life is a bit easier. (That would be understatement.) I should read more from your blog--what is Matt up to? Is he teaching? I was too caught up in seeing your beautiful girl--what fun she must be! Thanks for your note--it's great to hear from you.