I'm in feverish mode toiling to get all our Christmas gifts wrapped, sewn, and bought (not in that order). In an effort to post something new in a limited amount of time, I've devised the following informal poll . . . .How do you feel about decorating the outside of your home with Christmas lights?
a. I hate Christmas lights! They are tacky monstrosities. And what's with the decorating fads? If I see one more carousel snowglobe . . .
b. We don't take the time to decorate our own home with lights but I don't mind if our neighbors do. I don't really feel one way or the other about lights.
c. Some Christmas lights are quaint and festive. I most enjoy light displays that are tastefully done, well balanced and thoughtfully planned out.
d. I enjoy most light shows. They make me smile and I like to see a variety of light colors and creative arrangements.
e. The more lights the better! Bring on the inflatable sponge bobs, skeletal reindeer, and plastic santas!
Want to see some musical Christmas lights? Check out this video.
12 comments:
I go for C. I love Christmas lights, and we only put up a modest few outdoors. We do have a lighted garland inside over our picture window (white lights) and have the colored lights on our tree. I really enjoy seeing others' outdoor displays. Many are really lovely. But others...
And yes, the clock is ticking!
God bless,
Mrs.T
I'm somewhere in between C and D. I absolutely love the lights - looking at other people's lights, putting up our own (although my husband keeps it at a minimal). I love light displays too (we're going to see Zoolights this week). But, I must admit, I really can't stand the people who just put up as many lights as they can. I appreciate more the ones that are tastefully done.
Truly, truly tick tock!!!
I'd have to say "c" as far as my personal taste. HOWEVER!! Now that I have a 6 1/2 yr. old, 4 1/2 yr. old, 2 1/2 yr. old and 3 month old, I'd have to opt for "E" because they make car rides so much fun!!
I love Christmas lights, but haven't hung any of my own for almost 4 years because we haven't owned our own place since then. I prefer white lights and I like reindeer or those spiral trees best. I don't mind what other people do - nothing really drives me crazy, though I do think those blow-ups are a bit tacky. Luke loves them though, so that's fun for him. My f-i-l has a couple of them, and we almost put one up in our backyard for Luke to enjoy, but it was too much hastle.
I love Christmas lights, but I'm with Katie - I really don't like those stupid blow up things.
D- I love looking at christmas lights, but we have never done our own outside.
D for me as well. I love the tastefully done ones, but I must admit that the tacky ones always bring me a chuckle. So I enjoy them all!
I'll agree with Janelle...C AND D.
We have had a bin of lights outside on our porch for 4 weeks now....we've meant to put them on our bushes...oh well, too late! :)
I'm somewhere between C and D. I love looking at the lights, but we don't put up our own (I don't want the electric bill, although maybe someday). I am thankful for the people who do, because it gives Kara something to look for when we are driving at night.
lights, lights, lights! i love them!! we used to have a neighbor across the street that went WILD. i'm talkin' at least 6 santas...seriously....a few frosty's and so many lights we called his house the airport from thanksgiving to new year's. now, i have to say, i'm not a fan of all the lawn ornaments (santa's, reindeer, blow up stuff) but i love looking at the lights. i am quite a sad little girl this year b/c we don't have any up. it just wasn't going to happen with nathan travelling. oh, well.
I have to go for C, although, I can echo part of the sentiment in A. Lawn inflatables and snowglobes spell TACKY!
Merry Christmas! I hope you're getting it all done.
Ok, I'm the nut who likes the inflatables. We don't have any since we don't have a yard, but I think some of them are cute. I'm not into having 10-15 in my yard though-I do think that is tacky.
I personally love love love the retro lights!
Post a Comment