(Wouldn't Chloe make a cute Mary in a Christmas play?)Our dear Chloe Abigail Horn marks her 16 mos. birthday today. Where has the time gone?
Here's a Chloe profile at 16 months: She is a full-fledged toddler now and trying to exert her independence more forcefully. She gets her share of time-outs during the day. Since our first floor is small and crowded, we don't have a good time-out area. We're trying the landing by the stairs that is gated-off, but this morning Chloe realized that being left alone for a time-out meant she could climb upstairs without hindrance . . . Back to the drawing board. Chloe is in total complete unabandoned love with Elmo. We watch Elmo's World about three times a week now and she starts pointing, hissing, and marching when she hears her beloved Elmo singing the theme song. Her new favorite word to attempt to say is onion. She's very into puzzles and still enjoys putting herself into containers (laundry baskets, etc.). She's proficient at using a spoon to eat (YAY-RAH!) and climbs whatever she can before we stop her. She's finally getting used to our church nursery (another YAY-RAH!).
Though this phase is more trying on me than the others (I'm finding my patience is short when she whines and cries to get her way), it's indeed thrilling to watch her little self develop. She's got an immense capacity to learn and I'm challenged to find new ways to stretch and teach her.
Happy 16 month birthday, Chloe baby!
7 comments:
happy 16 mo. b-day Chloe Abigail. Loved the video of the babies :) Emma played them a couple times :)
She is so very precious, Alicia! It is fun to see the similarities in Chloe and Laura Grace, being SO close in age! Climbing, crawling in laundry baskets, (or any type of basket or container for that matter!)and unfortunately the whining and crying to get what she wants. . . Have you mastered a technique yet? I have not even attempted "time-out" yet!
Feeling your joy (and occasional pain as well),
Sara
definitely a darling mary.
Aaron just loves Elmo too. He actually likes all of the Sesame Street characters like Cookie Monster, Zoe, Grover, Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, but mostly Elmo. I think it's funny because Ron was a big Sesame Street fan when HE was young! I guess it's like they say, "like father, like son"!
I got this link off Shannon's blog. I doubt you would remember me. I graduated from NBBC in 2000, but I was only there for two years. I had to smile at your post because my Kayla just turned 16 months on the 12th. It really is an amazing age; the development is so rapid. And the constant training...oh yes, I understand that too. Chloe is a beautiful little girl.
Karis
Yes, she will be an excellent Mary. So cute.
The challenges do rise with the age, but so does the fun. I hear ya on the whining and crying. We are in a war at my house these days.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your darling Chloe.
She is adorable!!!
Merry Christmas!! :)
Carilyn Gerdt
Post a Comment