1.06.2006

Happy New Year!

Our little family spent the New Year's weekend in Michigan with the Ben Horn family. They threw a big shindig of games and food with a few other families. Divided into teams, we had indoor basketball and volleyball competitions. Unfortunately, my team did poorly in the competitions but we sure had a fun time playing. I'm trying to persuade Diane to do some word games for next year's soiree. Then my team will reign supreme! Here's a picture of my team (Whiplash) trying to fend off Paige's team (Angels).















Wouldn't an all night Scrabble marathon be a blast? Or a crossword competition? How about a limerick writing contest? I fear my somewhat athletic family will overrule my input. I suppose they're just afraid of my domination in such word nerd events. Oh well. Here are a few more photos of our weekend:















Daddy and Chloe. She stayed up late to enjoy the New Year's activity.
















Chloe and her cousin Grace communicate.

So, what did you and your family do to ring in the new year? Am I the only one who feels old now that it's 2006? It doesn't help that I'm turning 28 this month. Yikes!

Here's to a blessed, healthy, peaceful, and safe 2006!

1 comment:

federalbunny said...

28 old? You are just a baby. This is my big 50 year and I am feeling very young. It seems looking back when I was 28 I thought 50 was so old, now that it is fast approaching I feel about 30. I plan to celebrate in some fashion all year.
Love you dearly, see you next month