2.07.2011

We are the champions!

And the Packers win Superbowl LXV!

YAHOO!

Though it certainly wasn't the most dynamic of games, the Packers showed their grit and determination by pushing through injuries to come away with the win.  We watched with bated breath during that heated second half.  It was really hard to watch during some of those crucial 3rd down plays!   So nerve wracking!

Here were my favorite moments of the game:
  • Donald Driver tearing up on the sidelines as he realized the victory.  He's been to the playoffs SEVEN times but never played in a superbowl.  And that big genuine smile of his is contagious and heart-warming.  He's been such a consistent and determined player that it's fantastic to see him finally earn a superbowl ring. (Read more about Driver here .)
  • Greg Jennings kneeling in the end zone to give glory to God for a touchdown reception.  Especially poignant after his teammate's penalty for excessive celebration in the endzone.
  • Aaron Rodgers named Superbowl MVP.  Way to move out of #4's shadow, Mr. Rodgers!
  • Nick Collin's interception and resulting touchdown.  I LOVE it when a defensive player gets to score.
  • The unending chanting of "Go Pack, Go!" by the crowd after the game.  We were chanting right along with them!
  • Seeing the Packer players with their families and kiddos celebrating.  It makes the players more down-to-earth and real when I see them smiling and loving on their families. 
You KNOW we celebrated the game with Packer type food.  Our menu consisted of bratwurst, cheesy potatoes, cheese curds (my mom mailed these to me from Wisconsin), green and yellow veggies, guacamole, lemonade with slices of lemon and lime, layered jello and lemon ambrosia cake for dessert.    The kids were beyond excited about eating such colorful jello!  I served it up in parfait glasses which ratcheted up the *elegance*.

How'd you celebrate the big game?  What were your favorite game moments?






1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Alicia, when I heard that the Packers won my first thought was, "Alicia will be so happy!" :-) I didn't actually watch the game; instead, I watched "The Blindside" with my mom. Such a wonderful, touching, convicting football movie!
Your party food looks scrumptious!