2.18.2010

Belated Valentine's Day Wishes!

We've had a busy eventful week and hence, I've been neglectful of my blog yet again. My mom was here visiting this weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed her (and her new iphone).

Our Valentine's Day was rather busy as we were scheduled to serve in our church nursery. Since our church is so massive, that means we serve once every 5 weeks and we work during two back-to-back services. It also means we have to leave earlier than usual. It's always a stressful race to beat the clock on Sunday mornings!

I had little v-day gifts on waiting on the table for everyone in the morning. I had some leftover pancakes so I cut them into heart shapes and warmed them up for the kiddos. Matt also surprised me with roses, new crayons for Chloe, a new dino for Clive and a box of chocolates for my mom.

When my mom comes to visit she always pushes us out the door for a date night. :) Believe me, she doesn't have to push us too hard. And the kids are getting old enough that they remember Gramma's special babysitting nights and they do a great job! This past Saturday night, the kids didn't even bat an eye when we exited for our date. I felt as though I was interrupting just to give them goodbye hugs and kisses!

Needless to say, we ALL had a great date night. Matt and I used a gift card for dinner out, browsed World Market (I love that place and never get to wander through it's interesting aisles), and then we went to see the highly-acclaimed movie Avatar. Excellent flick! Much better than I expected it to be.

Since our family holidays always revolve around food, my mom and I planned a special v-day feast for dinner. We attempted to cook a london broil steak (turned out rather chewy but still good), mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese puffs (INCREDIBLY YUMMY), salad, and tiramisu for dessert.

How did you celebrate Valentine's Day?

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like you all enjoyed a wonderful time! I looked at the cheddar cheese puff recipe - very interesting & yummy sounding. We celebrated very low key; I haven't blogged about it yet, but I intend to (eventually!). Stay tuned :-)

the johnson crew said...

i LOVE world market, i love shopping and browsing actually, and i love dates with my husband, and i LOVE it when my mommy babysits... sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's day!

and the feast you made sounds AMAZING!