For the last week our corner of northeast Ohio has gotten a goodly amount of snow. Yes! Finally!In my opinion, if we're going to endure the cold temps of winter, we might as well have some nice clean white snow cover on the ground instead of dirty looking slush.
In a blast of unexpected motivation, I bundled up the kiddos twice yesterday for some outdoor snow romping. Thankfully, Chloe can get herself almost totally bundled. Whew. Clive on the other hand is a squirmy wormy and I have to keep dragging him back to don him with the next necessary piece of winter wear.
Anyways, after some hard core snow playing (after which Clive balled at having to come inside) we warmed up with hot cocoa. To my shame I must admit I've never made hot cocoa from scratch until this year. It's delicious and far superior to those sad little instant cocoa packets!
Last night I strayed from the standard cocoa recipe and added some crushed peppermints to the cocoa pot. YUM!
I'd like to do some more hot cocoa experimenting . . . . especially with the mexican chocolate sitting idle in my cupboard (it's a hard chocolate wedge mixed with cinnamon and sugar).
How do you make your hot cocoa? Any interesting variations you'd like to share?
2 comments:
My kids LOVE having hot cocoa after playing in the snow!!! I don't venture to far away from hot cocoa and marshmallows. ;)
The home-made stuff is GREAT!!! Just that those little packets are so convenient! :) I've recently found that Junior Mints are WONDERFUL in hot chocolate! They melt really well and add so much YUMMY!!!! Enjoy your conconctions (be sure to share!) and stay warm!!!
Post a Comment