First, thanks to all of you for your pumpkin bread recipe contributions! I feel as though I am often tapping you dear bloggy friends for recipes, advice, and know-how.
Forgive me, it's just that recently I've been somewhat brain dead. More than just the regular mommy brain too.
And the reason for that is a mystery for you to figure out. That's right a spooky mystery just in time for Halloween! See if you can puzzle your way through this one. Here are your clues . . .
* I've been gaining weight
* I'm extra tired and going to bed at the same time as my children
* I'm irritable and emotional
* I'm taking a new medication (prenatal vitamins)
That last clue should pretty much give it away!
Most days I think we're insane for expanding our family to 5. BUT I know that God put this desire in our heart for more kiddos AND I know what an inexplicable blessing and joy children are AND I'm incredibly excited to see how this new bambino enhances our family dynamic.
We're about 13 weeks along now and my burgeoning belly has most definitely popped. Though I'm still trying to stave off the maternity wear for another week or two. I go in for my first appointment next week and I'm pumped to hear the baby's heartbeat! That will make this pregnancy seem more real. Right now I feel like I'm just getting fat. (The flab could also be due to the cheeseburger craving I must satisfy every week.)
Breaking the 2-kids barrier has met with mixed reviews. It's interesting the notion some have that 2 kids is the "ideal family". While I whole-heartedly believe parents should be prepared to provide for their offspring, I don't believe that means two children is the perfect prescribed number.
We are rejoicing and so thankful to God for this wonderful new gift of life!
19 comments:
WOO HOO! That is great news - congratulations!!
Oh I am so excited for you!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Many people think anyone with more than 2 children are nuts, but you have your priorities where they belong, sister.
Here's to hoping you feel great in the next week or so and get to enjoy the 2nd trimester bliss... or so I hear that exists!
So excited the news is out for the world wide web to be happy with you! You did so good keeping it off here for this long!
I have a feeling our pregnancies are going to fly by very quickly! I hear ya on the fat feeling -- that is exactly how I feel right now. The main comfort in this for me is that at least I am still comfortable getting around and sleeping. We'll look cuter later when the baby belly is the most obvious thing, but cuteness doesn't help me get a good nights sleep. :-)
Congrats!
YAY! Congratulations!! My cravings have been greasy pizza :-) Not the best, but I guess it could be worse, right? RIGHT? Congrats again!!
yahoo! congratulations! i loved being pregnant through fall/winter. it seemed to make me feel warmer... not hot... just happy warm. :)
Hooray for you guys! I'm so excited for your family;).
Yay! Congrats to you! This is very exciting news!
Congratulations!!
Oh, how exciting!!!! Congratulations!!! I must say, having 3 kids is a ton of fun. :) Sure there are times that I want to pull my hair out, but mostly life is great with three . . . and I think we laugh three times as much, too. :)
I hope you have a good pregnancy and get some energy back soon!! I have SO many friends/family who are pregnant right now . . . it's seriously like I'm hearing a new announcement almost every week, lately! I'm so happy for you!! :)
Congratulations!! Excited for you to hear the baby's heart beat =)
Congrats to you on number 3! 3 is fun and different..I suggest getting a baby carrier so you can still have a "hand" for each. Hope you have a happy pregnancy though
Awe! Congratulations! Can't wait to follow all the pregnancy/baby news!!
Congratulations! So excited for you! Do you want to find out the gender?
I am sure you have a lot of people tell you that you have the perfect family: 2 kids, one boy one girl. At least that is what people always tell me about my family. But I disagree and I think it is GREAT that you are adding another child. Congratulations!
Wonderful! I'm so excited for you all. Children are such a blessing.
What wonderful news, Alicia!
I'll bet Chloe is BESIDE herself! :)
Alicia, I'm rejoicing with you all! Such great & exciting news! I heartily believe that couple should have at least three kids...maybe b/c I was #3 for my parents! :-)
Congratulations! I loved your way of telling us...as I was reading, I could see it coming. So cute!
It's so frustrating people's view of children is so anti-Biblical. Children are a wonderful blessing from the Lord, and are such a wonderful part of our (I mean my) sanctification. :) I believe you should have as many as you can raise Godly.
Congratulations!!! How exciting for you and your family!!!
Post a Comment