10.22.2009

A baby Chloe-ism

As a mama, it seems I get climbed on, stepped on, elbowed and generally man-handled often by my dear offspring. Of course I would never trade the bruises for the bumps and bruises for the preciousness of Chloe and Clive climbing into my lap while we read books. Or the unhindered joy in Clive as I toss him around or wrestle with him on the floor.

Well, now that there's a new life growing inside me I've cautioned Chloe especially to be more gentle with me. When I first explained why she needed to be more careful around my expanding middle, here was her response . . .

Me: (after Chloe tossed herself heavily on me) "Chloe, you have to be more gentle around my tummy now that the baby is growing inside. You can't kick or hurt mommy's tummy or the baby might get hurt."
Chloe: "Right, mommy. We don't want the baby to come out with a bump on her head!"

(Notice that Chloe is already referring to the baby as a girl.)

Hope this Chloe-ism gives you a giggle on your Friday!

1 comment:

Karis said...

Cute, cute, cute!

And I hear you about being "manhandled" by loving children! One day, I rather shortly said to Kayla, "That hurts Mommy. Be careful when you're climbing up to cuddle with me." She says something to the effect of "Oh, the baby feeders." :-)