7.20.2009

Enjoying my in-laws

Matt's folks arrived Saturday afternoon and we are having a ball! I'm not saying that tongue in cheek either. We all look forward to their annual visit each summer. It's especially fun for them to see the immense developmental, physical, and verbal changes in our kids since the previous summer.

Chloe bounces around the house excitedly and snuggles up to Buelita (my mom-in-law's nickname) any chance she can. And my little Clive has taken an immediate liking to Gramps, his namesake.

We usually fill our time with games, walks, puzzles, trips to the park, thrift store shopping, house projects, and short movies in the evening.

My in-laws are incredibly sweet, gracious, and helpful people. I hope the days go by slowly so we can soak their presence up fully!

How often do you get to see your parents and in-laws?

4 comments:

Jenny said...

we are SO BLESSED to be near my parents, and sad that we live so far away from Michael's family. They are in Colorado, and we see them every 1 1/2 years or so. NOT often enough, for sure. I have FABulous in-laws, too! What a blessing!

Mary Ann said...

My parents live two blocks away and Mike's parents are about a 5 minute drive. We are very blessed to see both sets quite often. But we have learned that we need to be wise about it & still get time for us & be fair about how we split our time. But I'm with you - my in-laws are about as sweet as they come & Mike feels the same about his in-laws ;-)

pamela s said...

We live 16 hours driving time between both of our parents now. In the last year we have seen my IL's in PA 4 times and my parents from CO 5 times. It's a blessing this way because when I lived in PA, I saw my family once a year sometimes longer.

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Child....most child here