I don't have any official resolutions for the new year but I do have some large goals that I hope to achieve with God's help. Here are my top three:
1. Read my Bible regularly. I downloaded a schedule for reading my Bible in a year that I'm excited about. Instead of just plowing through from cover-to-cover, this reading plan has me reading a few chapters in various genres of the Bible each day.
2. Exercise consistently. We just purchased a one-year membership to a nearby gym/pool and I aim to get there 4 times a week. I'm not doing anything major yet. Just walking the track at a fast pace for now. It's an extremely kid-friendly place and only 3 blocks from my home so I have no excuses!
3. Eat more celery. Well, not just celery really. My goal is to be a wiser snacker. And to make sure I eat healthy and well at meals so I don't go wild with snacks. By eliminating chocolate and chips from my pantry and stocking the fridge with celery, cottage cheese and yogurt I hope to take control of my snacking habits.
How 'bout you? Do you resolve anything for 2009?
3 comments:
Very reasonable & wise goals! I'm the same as you - those areas of my life are always begging for more consistency. I plan to finish the Bible reading plan I started last year, I'm training for the Indy Mini again, & I'm grocery shopping for green things today ;-) I'm a huge fan of celery, especially teamed up with string cheese - give it a try! It's a lower fat/calorie alternative to peanut butter.
LOVE all the pics and Chloe singing! I'll have to have my Chloe watch her :) The twins sing all the time. Right now they're watching Steve Green's kid's praise CD and singing with it.
I have the SAME goals you do. I actually am trying a diet from americanbaby.com/babyweight to help me think of healthier meals and snacks. I won't stick to it like glue, but I will get great ideas. Great to see your kids. Happy Bday to Clive. He's super cute! Love you.
Alicia, my goals are very similar to yours... for me, I'd just add doing daily household chores in small increments rather than letting the work build up and then blowing a whole day cleaning--I'm not off to such a great start for that goal.
How are you doing so far with your goals?
Post a Comment