Is it just me or do the after Christmas sales stink this year?Maybe I didn't get out early enough or maybe it's just the outworkings of our ailing economy. I've been to at least 3 stores thus far on the hunt for post-holiday markdowns (I always snag next year's cards on the January clearance shelves) and have come away with very little. No cards and only a few little ornaments and stocking stuffers to use as small gifts for next year.
I'm hoping to hit Kohl's soon to see if I can at least find a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament for Clive. I know it's after the fact but it's for posterity anyways. I'm fairly certain he wasn't upset about not receiving a memento ornament on Christmas morning. :)
Have you noticed these sad sales too? Where do you shop for after-Christmas bargains?
5 comments:
I totally agree! I have been quite disappointed as well. I thought maybe it was me, but good to know someone else feels the same way!
How funny, I was at Kohl's this morning thinking the same thing.
We went to Target, Wal-Mart, even K-Mart and pickins were extremely slim! I agree that part of it is because of the economy, but it seems like stores rotate years. One year they will have an OVER-abundance of EVERYTHING and the next year there just isn't much of anything. I was looking for a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament too and will probably either have to resort to Hallmark or make one somehow. Maybe next year it'll be better! Although, I thought that all the Christmas hype wasn't as intense this year from the get go, but I thought that maybe it was because we were extremely preoccupied with Megan's surgery. Seems like in years past that we were just bombarded with Christmas everything and everywhere! Didn't bother me much. Allowed us to focus more on WHO Christmas is about anyways!
PS - Forgot to tell you that Megan is doing wonderfully! She's changed dramatically since the surgery, for which we are extremely grateful! God is so good!
It's funny you mentioned after Christmas clearance because I was just talking about how I missed being able to check out those sales and get the 75% off deals and then the slim picking but exciting 90% off deals. I always get the girls' ornaments after Christmas is over too. Last year when I was picking out last year's Christmas ornaments on clearance, I thought ahead to pick out ones for this year (obviously it couldn't have the date on it), but now I'm realizing I should've bought ahead for four years. :-)
Oh and they don't do Christmas clearance here at the places that sell Christmas stuff. They put it away in storage for next year. You think if it didn't sell this year, that it will next year? Hmmm...
Post a Comment