It's so cool to see how God grew our baby Clive into such a healthy active toddling boy. He's changed in countless ways but he still has those same skinny chicken legs he did as a newborn. He definitely gets those from his daddy.
Since I was struggling with a wretched cold, we decided to just have a small family shindig to celebrate Clive's 1st birthday. I made a teddy bear cake that was decidedly NOT like the picture on the box. In fact, the chocolate teddy cake was seriously laughable to anyone who knows anything about cake decorating. But, Clive and Chloe both liked it and it was destroyed in less than 30 seconds anyways. Also made some yummy homemade mac-n-cheese and steamed veggies. Then Clive opened some gifts and Chloe quickly snatched them up to play with. :)
Happy Birthday, dear Clive-y! We love you and are so glad God added you to our family!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Clive! I can't believe he's already 1! Time has gone so fast! I love the picture of him diving head first into the cake! That's priceless!!
Happy Birthday, Clive!
I've always thought that the Mom should be celebrated for kiddos' birthdays. So congrats to you, too, Alicia!
Happy Birthday Clive! The pictures are great Alicia. Sorry to hear you were sick over the holidays. My family was quite sick too. It is amazing how fast the time does go.
Can it have been a year already? Wow, the time flies! Happy Birthday, Clive! And way to go, Alicia! I think I would have allowed a cold to trump a birthday cake creating session. Looks like a fun party!
No Way! Clive is a year old already??? I wouldn't have thought that could be possible. He is such a cutie & I think your teddy bear cake looks fabulous! I love the pic where he just went face first into the cake - it must have been super yummy! ;-)
Happy Birthday to your big boy! Your teddy bear cake is very cute;). I hope that you are on the mend!
Happy belated birthday, Clive! As everyone else has said, how in the world can a year go by so quickly?
Alicia, I think the cake is cute! Great job, Mom!
Post a Comment