9.17.2008

My new favorite freebie

In the past year I've become a freebie junkie. I L-O-V-E getting free stuff in the mail! Free samples, magazine subscriptions, coupons, rebates. I've never tried so many different kinds of shampoo (what's with those horribly slippery sample shampoo packets?!? Don't the shampoo companies know I don't keep a scissors in my shower? ). It gives me such a thrill to know I'm saving a few cents by using something free.

My newest freebie discovery is regarding music. We rarely buy new cds because they're so stinking expensive. And it's difficult to choose a cd that we absolutely love enough to shell out the money for.

Enter Sovereign Grace Music. I just discovered that Sovereign Grace offers free downloads of their songs; usually one per album. Woo-hoo! This particular free-to-download song has been a huge encouragement to me: All I really need is Your grace. To find the free songs, click on each album cover listed here and then click the download link below the music player.

I found another free music player on the Sovereign Grace Ministries homepage. Sovereign Grace radio! Just click the link and a new window opens up and plays through a playlist of various Sovereign Grace music.

I am on the computer A LOT so having some good music to play in the background is essential for my sanity. :) Sadly all our cd players are cheapies so the computer is the best music player in the house!

Do you listen to music on your computer? What internet radio do you use?

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I do listen to music on my computer at work a lot of the time. Fortunately, the guys haven't had the radio blaring in the lab lately. I usually listen to abidingradio.com Love it!

Rachel said...

I like to listen to music on my computer too. I have listened to abidingradio.com also and have recently discovered imeem.com. They seem to have a HUGE selection of music:).

Unknown said...

Thanks for the links, ladies!

Karis said...

Alicia, thanks for the comment on my blog. It was great to hear from you!

About a month ago (when she was 10 months), I thought Krista was going to start walking anytime, but she is still just cruising around furniture and walking with us holding her hands and then power crawling to get around quickly. She is growing up so quickly!

Kayla had trouble playing by the rules instead of making up her own with Chutes and Ladders, but she has good concentration with Hi Ho Cherry O. It's so simple so I think that's why. Plus it's short so her attention span can play one, two, or more guys depending on the day. Her favorite game is Memory! She could play that over and over and over. I can always tell when it's time to quit, though! Things can go downhill quickly.

KCC said...

you can listen to moody radio broadcast live from chicago at http://www.mbn.org/GenMoody/listenlive.asp?station=MBN1