I'm learning that naps do not magically align between my two munchkins. Sometimes the naps are perfectly timed and I'm able to get a good few hours of work in. And during those days I often crash for a quick catnap too. Other days Chloe and Clive tag team their naps so I get no break. And it's tough to get much done with a crawling-trying-to-walk 9 month old at my heels.
Consequently, my blog has suffered. When I do get quiet time I'm racing around putting laundry away, unloading the dishwasher, or doing my online job (of which my workload has significantly increased recently).
I apologize for my recent blogging dearth. How in the world do you moms of more-than-one find time to blog and keep up on your blog-reading?!? Do you have a set time that you put in daily?
7 comments:
Ellia is barely 3 months old and therefore still sleeps lots. I'm sure my own online forays will have to take a backseat when she wakes up more in the coming months. For now, I'm enjoying it! :) Seems as though you simply have your priorities in order! Kudos!
Alicia, you have so much going on! I get to read blogs & sometimes post while I'm at work (makes me sound like a terrible employee, huh?). We just sometimes have lots of down time in our work day. But I don't upload pics here b/c that seems like crossing a line, you know? I'm curious about what kind of work you do from home. My sister is in need of some kind of job to do from home. If you get time & would care to share, could you e-mail me some info about it? My address is m.annie77 at gmail Thanks & here's hoping the naps allign today! ;-)
I don't have an online job therefore, I am not as busy as you are:). It sounds as though you are doing a wonderful job of keeping your priorities straight.
I allow myself one hour of internet time a day. I set my on/off timer for 1 hour and when I'm on the timer is running etc. This helps me to "surf" too much.
I break the "rule" once in a while if I'm doing something that I consider research or work. I've definitely had to become more aware of the time time I spend on the computer. Like all good things, balance is the key or it can become a bad thing. I'm definitely still working on the balancing pf things and will be until the day I leave this earth:).
Seeing as how I haven't put a new post on my blog in two weeks,I can't offer any helpful advice. Just enjoy your kids now, there will always be time to blog later.
a lot of times I write a post/work on a post while I'm nursing, or when both kiddos are down for a nap. Most of the time my posts are pieced together. If I have a bunch of time all at once sometimes I'll write a few updates and then...auto-post so that I can spread out the updates over the week.
As far as reading, well that's easier to do while nursing. ;-) Meanwhile, the google reader "Mark All As Read" button has never gotten so much use.
Late at night is usually when I find the time to blog/surf the net. The boys are in bed for the night and now that the baby is usually napping or in bed himself, I have a little down time. I usually need it after buzzing around all day! I can often find little snippets here and there through the day (such as when the boys are working on a school sheet at their desks which are right by the computer).
This is my night off from studying so I posted on my blog (I too haven't been able to fit that in so I guess I'm in a blogging slump too), wrote some emails, and now I'm reading others' blogs. It has been so fun to catch up on lives that are normal (U.S.) and it has been great to interact only in English!
Post a Comment