And the coolest part of the promo is that I get to offer YOU some free cards too! Three fortunate commenters to this post will be chosen at random to receive a promo code for 25 free cards of their choice from Shutterfly's expansive holiday card collection.
To prepare for this review I spent much time browsing and exploring Shutterfly's holiday card site. And man was that fun! Since I want to send out Christmas cards with a strong religious message I spent most of my time searching through the religious section. I wasn't too disappointed. Shutterfly's religious card section has 68 choices and many include Bible verses. I'm quite choosy when it comes to religious cards. I want my card to have a clear, strong and Biblical message. My favorites were as follows:
![]() |
| Open your hearts. I really dig the personal call-to-action of this card's message. And I LOVE the rainbow colorful-ness on the black background. |
![]() | |||||||
| Rejoice. Brown and light blue is such a classy color combo. And the verse is a powerful statement for Christmas. |
There are MYRIADS of unusual and vibrant designs at the Shutterfly website. I'm especially drawn to the colorful and non-traditional color choices of their cards. There's an entire "Merry and Bright" category of cards that is just that! Super fun rainbow colors are usually paired with black and white photos to make for playful and festive cards.
And they have some unique twists of format on the traditional Christmas letter. If you're into writing Christmas letters or family highlights from your year, Shutterfly has some cool options like top 10 lists and story bubbles to position around photos.
I also appreciate how many different ways there are to navigate the options for photo cards at Shutterfly. You can narrow your choices by clicking checkboxes for 1, 2, 3 or 4+ photos per card design. You can narrow the choices further by color or collection style. And if you're indecisive like I am, you can use their "compare cards" feature to select favorites and check them out side-by-side.
To enter my giveaway for 25 free cards from Shutterfly, just answer the following question in your comment: What do you do with the Christmas cards you receive post-holiday?
[I'll pick 3 winners at random by Friday, October 28. And by the way, Shutterfly did NOT pay me for this review -- unless you count the 50 free cards that is. These are all my own thoughts and opinions.]
Are you a blogger? Want a chance at 25 free cards this holiday season? Register here: http://goo.gl/DDw7Q




8 comments:
I need to start preparing for our Christmas cards too!! Good for you for getting on this so quickly!
I have kept the Christmas cards we have recieved each year since getting married. Each Christmas I look through them - sometimes getting ideas and othere times just looking at how families have changed through the years! I enjoy doing it each year! :)
I used Shutterfly last year for my Christmas cards, loved how they turned out. I reread all my cards then toss them..unless their is a picture on them then I store those. Merry Christmas!
Opps...that was me :)
YAY what a great bonus for you and fun giveaway for your readers!! I keep the photo cards for awhile - then toss them. The letters I make a little book by 3 hole punching and hooking them together. We don't often have a chance to read them during the holiday season so it's nice to sit down later and read one or two at a time.
Ooooh, thanks for the chance to win! I did the Shutterfly blogger promotion last year and am sad that I didn't get the offer from them this year! :( But I did apply for the chance to get 25 cards for blogging about them, so hopefully I'll get picked for that. Anyway . . . I keep lots of my Christmas cards, any that are photo cards (usually I cut the photos off and put them on my fridge for the rest of the year), and any that are handmade or especially beautiful. I usually toss the regular cards.
We leave out our Christmas cards until about February. Some of our Christmas cards either get posted on the fridge, or the kids use them for crafts.
I keep them on the fridge for awhile and then pitch them...
I want some free cards!
I'd like to say that I hang on to them and pray for the people in the pictures, but really - I hang them up for a while and then throw them away. :( One day, if I have my own home with more space, I'd like to hang a bulletin board up and hang the pictures there to remind myself to pray for the families throughout the year.
Now, I'm curious - did you get free cards for this post? How can I get some? I did the shutterfly deal last year and would love to do it again! They make the best cards!
Post a Comment