Our little family is about to embark on a 9 hour road trip. Eek!We're headed to my homeland, Wisconsin, to visit my mom, grandma and old pals in the Milwaukee area. I'm unspeakably excited!!!!
Needless to say, I'm in crazy preparation mode. I have several to-do lists and I keep jotting down more thoughts as they pop into my head. I wish I could be more systematic in my prepping and packing. Instead I'm running frenetically from one task to another and talking to myself lest I forget what I'm doing.
I know I don't have to remember every possible thing; it's not like we'll be stranded in a desert wasteland. I can always run out and purchase something we need. But I ABHOR wasting money in that fashion. When I am forced to purchase an item on the spot I get stuck with a horribly high price for said necessity. I cringe just thinking about the pain of overpaying!
Help me out. What items are usually overlooked and forgotten in your vacation planning?
5 comments:
I ran out of diapers one vacation, so I'm always sure to pack WAY more than I think I need! I have a toiletry bag packed at all times for vacations/getaways, so all I have to do, is restock it when we get back (refill shampoo bottles, body wash, etc) and I never forget any of it! It's filled with extra toothbrushes, brushes, etc - everything we would need - it's been a huge lifesaver! Hope you don't forget anything and have a BLAST! We have a 12-hour trip coming up in a few weeks, so we'll see how that goes :-)
We usually forget the toothbrushes or deoderant. I also always forget JA's specific toiletries (ie. shaver) and his belt and socks. You would think after eight years of marriage I would know what my hubby needs on a daily basis.
Yay for roadtrips! I'm sorry you're in crazy mode getting ready, but when else do you get to use the word "frenetically"? Which is a great word, by the way. Here's wishing you good times & nothing forgotten in the packing process!
P.S. I always forget something simple like body wash or my razor. Not good, not good ;-)
I'll remember the toothbrushes, but not the paste. Ugh!
Make sure you leave room for those fun shopping trip buys! :)
DON'T FORGET YOUR UNDERWEAR!!!!
Post a Comment