10.21.2005

The Endearing Smile of Chloe

I thought it appropriate to begin Chloe's blog site with our favorite photo of her beautiful smile. I never knew how captivating a smile would be until Chloe graced me with her first. Pure joy and delight lies in her dear smile. It instantly lightens my heart, wakes me from my sleepiness, and erases any burdens plaguing my mind. How can a simple facial expression emote so much power and love? It seems to me that a smile is something more than just an expression - it's a direct reflection of a joyful heart. Chloe's joy is unadulterated and overflows into her smile.

Last night I laid Chloe in her crib for bedtime and sang her our lullaby, "Goodnight My Love". She stared at me with her big baby eyes and then broke out in a radiant smile. I shed a few tears when I realized it was my voice that caused her joy. I don't know if I'll ever be able to communicate to her how deeply she gives me joy in return. I suppose all mothers feel that way. Chloe is a truly precious gift from God and I thank Him for allowing me to be a part of her life.


"There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice." John Calvin

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hooray! I get to leave your first legitimate comment! Your blog is great, and I look forward to looking at it often. :) Children do inspire us to write and reflect on our lives don't they? Love the pictures!

Love - Katie